Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Wicked Without the Lord


The Lord is answering my prayer!

"Search me, O God, and know my heart;" Psalm 139:23a

"Who can understand his errors? cleanse thou me from secret faults." 
 Psalm 19:12

"How many wrongs and sins have I committed? Show me my offense and my sin"  Job 13:23


"Lord, help me to see my sin in light of Your holiness."

I am blind to my sin so I must continue to make this my prayer (by His grace) until I die.  I want to hate my sin like Christ hates my sin.  He is so holy and I, apart from Him, am so disgusting.  I am capable of such grossness and evil without His presence in my life.  

It's easy to go through the motions, live a "good" life, and think "I'm a good person.  I'm nice to others.  God loves me just because I'm me."  But once you ask God to search your heart and show you your sin, watch out.  He answers prayer!  He doesn't love me because I'm me, but because He is who He is.

It is so much easier to point the finger and place the blame on someone else.  
"But they hurt me!  So it's ok for me to _____."

It's so easy for me to make excuses for my sin.  It is hard to take responsibility for my sin and own it.  

Here is the truth about Me:

1.)  I was born a sinner.
(Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned..."
Romans 5:12)

 2.)  I was born wicked.
 (Even from birth the wicked go astray; from the womb they are wayward, spreading lies." Psalm 58:3)

 3.)   I was and enemy of God.
"You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father..."  John 8:44a

"For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life."  Romans 5:10

MY HEART IS GROSS!
"The heart is more deceitful than all else And is desperately sick; Who can understand it?"  Jeremiah 17:9

"And you were dead in the trespasses and sins in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience—among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind."  Ephesians 2:1-3

..............

BUT THEN, CHRIST entered the scene!
  God left His royalty to step out of Heaven and into the womb of a virgin...

"Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, a virgin will be with child and bear a son, and she will call His name Immanuel." Isaiah 7:14

...to rescue me.

"But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you have been saved— and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, so that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast."  Ephesians 2:4-9

I do not deserve His love.  It is HIS GIFT to me.  A gift I get to enjoy for all of eternity.  I cannot wait!

  I pray the Holy Spirit will remind me everyday how much I do not deserve His love...

but then remind me of how vast His love for me actually is... incomprehensible.

I can't wait for all of eternity...to swim in the ocean of His love forever and ever.
Thank you God!

And thank you Father, for the trials you bring into my life to draw me unto Yourself and to remind me of your love.

"You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous person, though for a good person someone might possibly dare to die. But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."  Romans 5:6-8



No comments:

Post a Comment