Sunday, June 1, 2014

Summer Blessings and Warning

 
Oh my... my heart is overflowing with blessings:
 
 Sleeping in with my children on a Summer's day;
 The sun warming my skin as I watch loved ones fish;
 Picking and eating sweet ripe mulberries in our backyard before they fall off the tree;
 Having my lil lady next to me helping me keep house and sharing what she's been learning in God's Word,
Seeing the smile our son's face as he graduate's 8th grade,
Feeling the tears well up as we think of how far God has brought him,
  Watching the excitement in his eyes as he enters a new chapter in life and enjoys church youth group;
Holding my husband's hand as we talk about our day;
Enjoying other believers in the Lord as we fellowship among the body of Christ,
Even seeing the baby birds on our front porch hatch and leave their nest...
 
On and on the blessings flow!
 
And then I get to listen to...
 
 
And God reminds me that I have been wanting all these things that I listed above, and more - more than I desire Him!
 
How do I know?
Because the cares of this world consume my mind more than He does.
 
Just like Pastor Rick asks in his sermon, Can you imagine knowing that your spouse constantly thinks of others?
 
If you are part of the Bride of Christ, is your mind constantly fixed on Him?
 
 
In my heart I say to Him, "Yes, Lord.  I will follow you... but can I have ____ too?"
 
Which do I desire more, which consumes my thoughts more: to have felllowship with my Heavenly Father or to be pleased while here on this earth?
 
"Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world.  If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.  For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world."  1 John 2:15-16
 
Like Pastor Rick says in the sermon, "What am I trying to fit with me through the narrow gate?"
"Then said one unto him, 'Lord, are there few who are saved?'
And He said to them, Strive to enter through the narrow gate, for many, I say to you, will seek to enter and will not be able."
Luke 13:23-24

 
Are you too wide for the narrow gate?

No comments:

Post a Comment