Wednesday, December 11, 2013

What Christmas Means to Me



You've heard it said, "Christmas in the US is materialized".
In my opinion, "materialized" is an understatement!   


Someday, Lord willing, you will find me in a Third World Country during the month of December, spending CHRISTmas with little people like this...

(a lil guy from V's orphanage)  Photo courtsey of Open Arms Ukraine

...instead of this...

Each year the Holiday Season becomes more and more overwhelming to me.

I have to back up and take a deep breath and spend time with the Lord.
This morning the Lord blessed Ellie and I on our way home from town by hearing Nancy Leigh DeMoss tell of Mary and 40 day old Jesus...  TEARS! 

Nancy said, "It’s such a picture. She brings a pair of birds to offer up as a sin offering and a burnt offering. Their blood is shed; they’re killed and their blood is shed for her purification and there in her arms she holds the One who will one day shed His blood to cleanse her and to cleanse all who believe in the Lord Jesus."

This, my friends, is The reason to celebrate CHRISTmas!!!!!!!!!

What can wash away my sin? [What can purify me?] 
Nothing but the blood of Jesus. What can make me whole again? Nothing but the blood of Jesus.
("Nothing But the Blood" by Robert Lowery)


I have to share this sweet "tradition" I started with the kids a few years ago.


It's called The Christmas Nail

I love the part of the poem that says,

"The Christmas tree but foreshadows the Christ-tree which only He could decorate for us, ornamented with nails as this."

A humble reminder what CHRISTmas is all about. 

 "Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us."  Matthew 1:23

God came to be "with us" in the form of a child and grew into a man so He could hang on the cross and become my sin so I could be cleansed from my sin to spend eternity with Him!

BREATHTAKING!!!  

He is the One we celebrate.

For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him." 2 Corinthians 5:21

1 Corinthians 15:1 "Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel..."

Merry CHRISTmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment