Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Hunting Time



          God says in His Word, that wives need to,"love their husbands.." Titus 2:4

love= fond of man, i.e. affectionate as a wife

God did not say, "only if he is affectionate toward you first",  "only while he is enjoying the children",  "only when he gives you a foot massage", "only if he is providing for you",  "only if he gives you something in return", etc.  

What God says, He means, 24/7, regardless of your feelings!

How can I be affectionate and fond of my husband when he spends his time engaging in his hobby?

JOIN HIM!

I told Josh I wanted to go hunting with him when the weather was nice (I can't stand the cold).  So he picked a beautiful fall day, bought me new hunting pants and a coat, and         
off we went...



He even had the ground blind ready in advance for me!
SO ROMANTIC!
You see, the last time I went hunting with him, we were going to sit in his tree stand that's 20 feet up...it broke with me in it while I was waiting for Josh to climb up. 
Yup...I was trying to not scare the deer while crying, hanging onto the tree and do the silent scream all at the same time.  It was not a pretty sight.

So this time Josh sweetly set up the ground blind just for me.


It's not Josh's favorite way to hunt because it is hard to see deer through the tiny hole instead of from the top of a tree, but he was thinking of me...so sweet!

It meant so much to Josh that I joined him in doing what he loves... it's hard for me to understand just how much...
but the next day when he left for his hunting trip, I received this...


Surprise Christmas lights on our headboard and a thank you card.  I may have to go hunting more often! :) 

then I knew then, that me going hunting with him meant the world to him.

Does your husband enjoy a certain hobby?

I wonder what he would think if you took a day to look at it 
through HIS eyes...


"Now it shall come to pass, if you diligently obey the voice of the LORD your God, to observe carefully all His commandments which I command you today, that the LORD your God will set you high above all nations of the earth.  And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you, because you obey the voice of the Lord your God..." Deuteronomy 28:1-2



No comments:

Post a Comment