Saturday, September 28, 2013

Children Are An Heritage


Can I just say...I love my children so much.


I pinch myself (mentally) everyday to make sure I'm actually their mom.

God has blessed me above and beyond.  I cannot believe he has gifted me with such amazing gifts, two from my womb and one from another's womb!

"Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord..." Psalm 127:3a
heritage= something inherited, an heirloom; an estate

God has given me 3 of His heirlooms!!  WOAH!!  

It blows my brain cells to think that at one point in my life I didn't want any more children.  Don't get me wrong, I always wanted to be a mommy, just not when God wanted me to be a mommy.  
Did you know there is only a certain time in a female's life she is able to produce children?  As time goes by it gets harder and harder for her to conceive as she has less and less eggs.  I wanted to wait several years after we were married to have children...I may not have been able to if we would have waited like OUR plans were.  God in His Sovereignty gave us Ellie before WE were ready...praise His name He did! 

  I was saddened the other day when I saw the August 12, 2013 edition of Time magazine laying on a waiting room table and realized that could have been me.  It caught my eye and I quickly picked it up...


The world tells us that children are a burden that keep us from having fun and hinder us from living out our dreams.  So so so sad that we have fallen so far from God's Word.

"Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD; and the fruit of the womb is his reward.  As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are the children of the youth.  Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them; they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate." Psalm 127:3-5

I wonder how many "rewards" God had waiting for me that I said "No." to.  Praise the Lord in His mercy and grace He had a different plan for me.

  We mommies sure do get tired of mommyhood while we're in the thick of it.  It's hard to remember that our time of nurturing these lil ones is quickly fleeting.

I am greatly encouraged by the ministry, Above Rubies by Nancy Campbell.
If you get a chance, sign up to receive her free magazine.

She has some amazing articles on us, as ladies, and how God made us.

Thank you Father for blessing me with 3 of your amazing gifts.  You are so Sovereign.



No comments:

Post a Comment