Tuesday, July 9, 2013

God is Doin It!

Anyone heard the ole' DC Talk song,
"GOD IS DOIN' IT, YOU KNOW HE'S DOIN A NU THANG!" ?

Thats the song goin in my head right now!  Reminds me of my tween years bouncin around in my room with a tape of DC Talk playin in my tiny pink boom box!  God loved me even then and was preparing me for my task at hand! 

God does not sit back and watch us struggle when the trials of our life are the most fierce.  In fact, that's when His work is most evident in our lives!  I can just hear and smell the war raging in the heavenlies, in the unseen world. 

"For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places." Ephesians 6:12

As the war is going on all around me, shots are being fired at our family and my loved ones, but God keeps drawing me closer and closer into His arms of protection. 

"The eternal God is your refuge,
And underneath are the everlasting arms;
He will thrust out the enemy from before you,
And will say, ‘Destroy!
Deuteronomy 33:27
---------------------

Here is a picture of V's first day of work... He is loving it!


This getting up early (4:15am) to take Vitaliy to work by 5am, has been wonderful in making me get out of bed to spend quality time with my Father.  I have a place on the couch in the corner of our living room where I always go to read God's Love Letter (the Bible).  This morning after I took V to work, I so badly wanted to crawl back in bed, but I glanced over to the corner of the living room and quietly heard, "Come here my love."  Almighty God of the Universe, wanted to spend time with ME!   
He is so Romantic like that! 

"My beloved spoke, and said to me:
“Rise up, my love, my fair one,
And come away
Song of Solomon 2:10

So I opened up my Bible, my journal and my Pricilla Shirer Gideon study and away we went as He took my hand to guide me down His path.
"He restores my soul; He leads me in the pathof righteousness For His name’s sake." Psalm 23:3

  I do have to admit, later, I took a nap, but it is SO cool how God speaks to His people in His still small voice if they listen.

"And, behold, the Lord passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the Lord; but the Lord was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the Lord was not in the earthquake:
12 And after the earthquake a fire; but the Lord was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice." 1 Kings 19:11b-12

He loves us SO much and desires an intimate personal relationship with each and every one of us every second of every day!  Not just our once a week, 2 hr church service, but our HEART!

When I say every second of every day, it is so easy to get caught up in our to do lists, or the job at hand, but as Pricilla Shirer was saying in today's study, look for Him in the mundane!  As you are folding laundry, see His special blessing on your life as He has blessed you with: clothes to wear, electricity to make the dryer run, hands to fold the clothes, and bodies that are functioning to wear the clothes, even down to the breath you are breathing while you are folding the clothes!  God loves you so much!  He created you to have a relationship with Him!  Talk to Him, and tell Him thank you for His blessings as you are folding clothes!  ...every second of everyday!

Remember how I said I'm going to be watching for the fruit God brings to harvest in my life?  Well I see the buds on the trees turning to fruit all around me!!!!!  
Keep praying!  

"If ye walk in my statutes, and keep my commandments, and do them; Then I will give you rain in due season, and the land shall yield her increase, and the trees of the field shall yield their fruit and your threshing shall reach unto the vintage (inaccessible by height), and the vintage shall reach unto the sowing (planting) time; and ye shall eat your bread to the full, and dwell in your land safely."  Leviticus 26:3-5

Bring the harvest Lord!  

No comments:

Post a Comment