Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Fighting the Good Fight

WOW!  
What a month June has been!  It all has flown by in such a whirwind and our Summer is half over!

I can tell you God has already allowed me to harvest fruit in my life from previous seeds sown!  SOO exciting!

I got to take my kids to Kansas City to watch the host kids from New Horizons For Children arrive at the airport and meet their host families!  It was so exciting to relive the moment I met Vitaliy!  (I don't think he was too excited to be there and relive the moment though. :)

The Children walking off the plane into their host family's arms...so emotional!

A family that lives just down the street from us is hosting and I got to babysit her the other day!  God's fruitful harvest from seeds sown!  I have prayed that others would host and look what the Lord has done...just 2 miles away from us!



  I love watching the Lord at work.  
And now I wait and see what the Lord will do...

I am also waiting to see what the Lord will do in another area of my life...Waiting, and waiting and waiting some more...

"Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strength thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD."  Psalm 27:14

And while I wait, I don't sit by and do nothing!  I pray, pray and pray some more!!

"Is any among you afflicted? let him pray."  James 5:13

Satan is out to get my fruit and destroy it, so I must watch and be on guard 24/7.  As soon as it ripens I must harvest it and give God the glory!

"Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour." 1 Peter 5:8

As I do my study on Gideon by Priscilla Shirer, God is strengthening my heart, my faith and growing me!  It is just what I needed to renew my strength as I fight this battle.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."  Ephesians 6:12

So let's fight the good fight! 

"Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses."  1 Timothy 6:12

 We have a Mighty Warrior fighting for us... He has and will prevail!

"The LORD shall go forth as a mighty man, he shall stir up jealousy like a man of war: he shall cry, yea, roar; he shall prevail against his enemies."  Isaiah 42:13

No comments:

Post a Comment