Friday, April 26, 2013

Blessings and Prayers

I am so excited about tomorrow.  I don't think I have felt this much excitement in a LONG time!  I feel so giddy I may just burst!!!
Tomorrow, my best friend/ sis-n-law and I will do what we both LOVE doing... JUNKING!
 
And you know whats sooo fun about that?  She and I used to do EVERYTHING together!  Including having children together!  heeheeee!:) 
Ellie and Chan are 3 days apart!  :)
 
Since life has become more and more busy, I don't remember the last time I got to spend a significant amount of time with her.  I am so thankful for this wonderful blessing the Lord has rained down upon me!!
 
Here is the amazing outdoor event we will be frolicking at :)
 
Doesn't this look like sooooo much fun!!!  This picture alone gets my heart rate racing!  :)
Silly I know, but so thankful for a sweet undeserved blessing.


There's going to be tons of vendors featuring: homeade goods; jewelry; crafts; junk; barbque; baked goods; food and more food; live music; raffles; etc.

I can't wait to tell you more about it!  Josh said we could take the truck, so I'm prepared to come home with lots of souviners!!  :)  And to top it all off, it's supose to be in the 70's!  It hasn't been that warm in a long time so we're ready to enjoy the sunshine!  God is so good!



As I try to wait very patiently for tomorrow to hurry up and get here, the Holy Spirit reminds me to pray for a very special friend in my life.  I just wondered... how do you pray?

I really like praying Scripture.  Have you ever prayed God's Word back to Him before? 
Today I used Psalm 61 as my prayer and inserted my friend's name:

Hear my cry, O God: attend unto my prayer.  From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: I pray you would lead ____ to the rock that is higher than she/he.  Please be a shelter for ____, and a strong tower from the enemy.  I pray____ would abide in your tabernacle forever: and that ___ would trust in the cover of Your wings.  For You, O God, have heard ___'s vows: You have given ___ the hertiage of those that fear thy name.  You will prolong ____'s life: and her/his years as many generations.  ___ shall abide before You forever: O prepare mercy and truth, which may preserve ___.  So I pray ___ will sing praise unto Thy name forever, that ___ may daily perform her/his vows.

I love that "God is no respecter of persons" Acts 10:34b, 
and that He hears my prayers!!!

"Thy prayers and thine alms (alms= compassionateness as exercised toward the poor) are come up for a memorial before God." Acts 10:4b

So until tomorrow.....






 


2 comments:

  1. Oh my, what fun you will have Tonya! Take lots of pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Amber! We had soooo much fun! I did take a few pictures and can't wait to get them up! :) Thank you for your excitement with me!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete