Friday, March 29, 2013

I Once was Blind...

Yesterday I woke up ready to read my Bible, but realized my Bible was under the couch and I didn't want to wake the boys up.  (They're sleeping in the living room on their mattresses because we are repainting and changing bedrooms)  So I opened up my Facebook and look what I saw.....!!!!
 
The young man on the right has been blind since the age of 4 and desired to learn pottery at my cousin's pottery shop.  The man on the left is my 2nd cousin, who owns the pottery shop, guiding the young man's hand in making a clay pot.

This picture blessed my socks off!!!  I immediately thought of my spiritual blindness and how God gently leads me!
"...He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake."        Psalm 23:3b

After drinking my tea and looking at FB, while waiting for the boys to wake up so I can get my Bible, but realizing the boys are STILL sleeping (for the first time on this 7th day of Spring Break), I decided I'd find a different Bible so as not to wake them up.  I'm trying to read through the book of John in my Bible study, and I was ready for Chapter 9.  Guess what chapter 9 is about?
The young man born blind!!!!!!! 

           Yahoooo GOD IS SOOO GOOD and into every detail of our life!

John 9:1  "And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth."

I TOO WAS BORN BLIND!!!! (spiritually)
"Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked..." Revelation 3:17

This was me!!!  God made me (and you) wretched, miserable, poor, blind and naked so "that the works of God should be made manifest" in me! (John 9:3b)

(a little side note: Jesus healed the young man in John 9 with clay that He put in his eyes [vs 6].  Don't you think it's cool that in the picture I saw today, they were using clay?  :)

As I kept reading in John 9 the boys' parents wouldn't tell the Pharasies who healed their son!  They were scared of being thrown out because they feared man more than God!
vs 22 "These words spake his parents, because they feared the Jews: for the Jews had agreed already, that if any man did confess that he was Christ, he should be put out of the synagogue."

Are you ready to confess that Jesus is Christ?  In America, for now, things are still pretty ok if you confess that Jesus is Christ.... but things may get worse as they are in other countries.  Are you ready to be put in prison for Him, beat for Him, or burn for Him, get "put out" for Him? 

Open our eyes Lord! We beg of You for Your strength and guidance!
"Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth."  John 9:31

"And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind." John 9:39












 


No comments:

Post a Comment