Monday, February 4, 2013

Loosing a Friend

 
 
Words do not describe the loss I feel today.
 
I have never experienced the pain of loosing someone so close. 
 
Today the Lord brought to life the book I have been reading the past 4 weeks, Pilgrim's Progress
 
He always does that...prepares me for an event before it even happens.  God is a Gentleman like that.  That's why I love Him.
 
God called His faithful servant, Randy Storms, (my counselor who pulled me through the Swamp of Despondance) Home to be with Him last night.
 
Randy was my "Faithful".  (In Pilgrim's Progress, Faithful is Christian's [the main character's] best friend who helps him through the straight and narrow path.  1/2 way through the book, Faithful is burned at the stake because of His love for Christ.)
 
Over the past 11 years God keeps asking me,
 
"TONYA, DO YOU TRUST ME?"
 
"As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all them that trust in him."  2 Samuel 22:31
 
I say, "Yes, Lord!"  but then He tries my heart again...
"Examine me, O LORD, and prove me; try my reins and my heart." Psalm 26:2
 
God allows another trial into my life to rid me of my sin and make me more like Him.
 
"Because it is written, BE YE HOLY; FOR I AM HOLY."  1 Peter 1:16
 
And He whispers..."Tonya, lovest thou me more than these?"
 "For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:
 
Yes Lord; you know that I love you.
 
"I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye."  Psalm 32:8
 
Thank you Father for using Randy Storms to guide me through Your path.  What a blessing you gave me.  I love You and trust You more.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment