Friday, January 11, 2013

My Love

 
 
I really like finding and reading other blogs with sweet pictures and stories about ladies' homes and their families.  It makes me happy and I feel good inside.  I really like shabby chic, watching how people turn junk into treasure, learning how to be more creative, a better wife to my husband and a teacher to my children.  I like learning about herbs, helping others and myself feel better the natural way.   Finding new ways to clean and organize is also fun.  I try to put these things into my blog, but everytime I feel like I want to, God fills me with more passion for Him. 
 
I know, you're probably bored of coming to my blog.  You may be thinking, "Not another one, can't you blog about anything else?  What about your kids, didn't you adopt one, how is he adjusting?" 
 
But... GOD IS MY PASSION!  I can't seem to get Him off my mind to be able to write about anything else!  I would like to include other intresting things, maybe someday I will, but for this season of life He keeps pulling me further and further away from the "world" and closer and closer to Him.   
 
As a child, I remember we would get so frusterated when we would hear people talk about God and think, "NOT again... and again and again.  It seemed like we would try to avoid THOSE people who can't seem to talk about anything else.  We would think, but God wants us to enjoy life too! 
 
I know, I know, I hear ya, but for now, this is it.
 
HE IS IT!  HE is all there is! HE IS EVERYTHING!  Anything else is so insignificant compared to His Awesomeness and Intimacy!!!!!!!!!
 
God has allowed me the privlidge to read Pilgrim's Progress.  I have always wanted to but it looked  too hard to read.  Well this one is in Modern English!  It has verses in the back of each chapter that go along with the story.  It has hit home time and time again!!!!  It is a story of the Christ Follower's walk in life, the trials and choices he faces and the joys and rewards he receives.
 
Our sweet Pastor's wife is doing a teaching on the book Pilgrim's Progress by John Bunyan and the Bible.  Yesterday she brought to attention how Christian (Pilgrim, the main character of the book) seems to walk a lot of this road by himself.  This brought tears to my eyes as once again it hit home.  There was a whole fountain that wanted to burst out from inside of me as I felt she was talking to me!  Such encouragement to know that I'm on the straight and narrow.  Over and over again I have that friends come and friends go.  It's ok, because HE is the ONE who never leaves me. 
 
  "Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee." Deuteronomy 31:6
 
Prov 18:24b "But there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother."
 
He wants to woo you, to romance you to be your everything!  He loves you so much!  Have you read His Love Letter to you and spent time with Him today?  He wants to whisper His love for you!
 
Someday He will shout it from the mountain top with a trumpet and I will be outta here and celebrating my marriage to the Lamb Who Sits On The Throne! 
 
Until that day....
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Hey Tonya! I'm reading Pilgrim's Progress also. It's been on my "to read" list for several years. My nine-year old read the children's chapter book version last year and kept telling me how good it was and how I needed to read it. Then he read it for a second time at the end of last year, and so I decided to start it at the new year. You have some really great thoughts, Tonya. I think it's very important that we stay in communion with God and listen to how He convicts us. And I believe that's exactly what you're doing! Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool that you are reading Pilgrim's Progress also, Amber! I will send you the link to hear the teaching from our pastor's wife. It's over chapters 1-5. So good. Can't wait to hear what you think about the book. I would like to get the children's book as well. Such amazing truths written from so many years ago. :)

    ReplyDelete