Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Hard Road

 
We just got done with a 4 day weekend out of school.  Fun was not a word I would use to describe it.  Have you ever had one of those seasons of life?  This mommy road has had some big pits along the way. 
 
 
I was feeling very overwhelmed this morning when the Holy Spirit showed me this verse,
 
"Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness." Isaiah 41:10
 
Help- to surround
 
Uphold- to sustain
 
That sure is comforting!!  It's nice to know I'm not alone as I Mother my children.  God will surround me, help me and sustain me!  He's the One who gave me my job as a Mommy and He will help me fulfill it!
 
Then the Holy Spirit led me to this sweet verse this morning... a soothing balm to my aching soul.
 
"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."  Matthew 11:28
 
Laden- to load up (as a vessel or animal)
 
God knows I feel like a loaded animal some days!!!  But He PROMISES if I come to Him He will give me REST!!!!  I LOVE this promise!! 
 
Thank you Father for this precious word this morning to feed my weary soul.

1 comment:

  1. This is definitely a challenging season of life! And I totally get the school thing! I was sooooo ready for Sergei to go back to school after having the whole summer off. I homeschool the younger too, but having Sergei home all summer was very stressful! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete