Thursday, July 26, 2012

Friends

Friends have always been very important in my life.   I always felt I could not breathe without a close friend.   But guess what, God has proved my thinking wrong. :) He's good at that.   He is the only way.

Many close friends have come and gone through out my 33 years.   I have wept bitterly over each and everyone of them.   I think I'm finally ready to listen to My Father...

He is all I need.


Yes, it hurts to see other ladies being so close, but then the Holy Spirit whispers,
         " I AM closer than a brother" (Proverbs 18:24).

Jesus had 3 very close friends, (Peter, James, and John) but even then they were his "disciples" and Jesus was training them to live without Him in the flesh and to tell others about Him.   When He asked them to pray with Him before He endured cross, they fell asleep! (Luke 22:40) So much for "being there" for Him! They left Him at the most important season of His life. John 16:32
"Behold, the hour cometh, yea, is now come, that ye shall be scattered, every man to his own, and shall leave me alone: and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with me."

In the study Search for Significnce. Robert S. McGee says, if we believe this false truth:

"I must have the approval of certain others to feel good about myself (Fear of Rejection)"

We must replace it with God's truth that says:
                "Because of reconciliation I am totally accepted by God.                   
 I no longer have to fear rejection."

Reconciliation = to atone for sin

Everyone on this earth may reject me, but I am totally accepted by God because of His work on the cross!   God will supply ALL my needs!   Even the emotional ones.

"But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus"
    Philippians 4:19

Praise the Mighty name of Jesus!

Micah 7:5 "Trust ye not in a friend, put ye not confidence in a guide..."
oooooo, but wait, look what follows in verse 7!


"Therefore I will look unto the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation: my God will hear me." Micah 7:7
               
Such an awesome promise!!!!!   Only God is worthy of our trust!!!   And He is awake at ALL hours of the night!   We don't have to worry when others fail us!

"Be strong and of good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee." Deuteronomy 31:6

Thank you Jesus for being my Best Friend!


John 15:15b
"...but I have called you friends..."

No comments:

Post a Comment