Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Fourth of July!




The Fourth of July... my favorite time of the year!
I can hardly believe it, last year at this time we were selling water bottles as a fundraiser to go get our little V! 

Check out this verse the Holy Spirit showed me this Forth of July Eve...

"Thus will I (God) magnify myself; and I will be known in the eyes of many nations, and they shall know that I am the LORD."  Ezekiel 38:23

Our nation, The United States of America, is not mentioned very often in God's Word... but I have a feeling He is including The good ole' U S of A in this verse!!  Isn't that cool!?!

I do love it that He showed me this verse the day before the 4th of July!  To me, it's the "Most Wonderful Time of the Year"!!  I absolutely LOVE the Fourth of July!  What a time of celebration physically and spiritually!  We are free indeed by the grace of God!

"If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed."  John 8:36

But we're not living like we're free.

"Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage."        Galatians 5:1 

It's amazing to me how far we have fallen away from knowing God since our nation was first born.  Now anything that resembles God is banned.  So so sad.  Ezekiel 38:19-22 shows how we will know that He is the Lord... that's the scary part.  We will know God because of His jealousy (vs 19) and in the fire of His wrath!

"And I will plead against him  (Gog-uncertain; some Northern nation) with pestilence and with blood; and I will rain upon him, and upon his bands, and upon the many people that are with him, an overflowing rain, and great hailstones, fire and brimstone."  Ezekiel 38:22


These things are still to come!  Are you for God or against?  Your actions speak louder than your words.
Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
Matthew 7:16

"No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon". Matthew 6:24

I can't wait for V to experience his first Fourth of July in the heart of America.  My favorite celebration EVER!  I can't wait for him to hear, see and smell the amazing show of fireworks in Josh's hometown.  What a sweet celebration! 


But the fireworks to come will not be so sweet.  It will not be a time of celebration.  It will be a time of destroying, blood, hailstones, fire and a raining of sulphur from the sky!!! 

Are you ready?

"Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not."  Luke 12:40 

No comments:

Post a Comment