Thursday, June 7, 2012



Wheat Harvest


V got to experience his first wheat harvest!

I was really surprised and sad to hear him say he say he had never seen a wheat harvest when Ukraine is known for their wheat. There were fields of wheat everywhere we turned in Ukraine.

Wheat field in Ukraine- this is the image their flag is based upon

He loved watching the combine and the unloading of the wheat.
I didn't get any pics, but this is an old pic from harvest 09'

  He got in the wheat truck and got down a few bucketful’s of wheat for Grammie and I. Grammie was fast and went straight into the house and got out her wheat grinder and made us biscuits.

Grammie let me borrow the grinder and I put V and Ian to work grinding wheat (don't worry, it's electric). Who knew grinding our own wheat (God’s wheat) would feel so rewarding!

As of now, I have about 10 ziploc baggies full, glory to God!!!!


(a little side note here: if I would have kept my selfish/ "I don’t deserve this" attitude 6 years ago, I would not get this blessing)


My sweet boys grinding wheat

I love how God is so into Word pictures. As I was getting the wheat ready for the grinder, I had to get out chaff (anything that is not the kernel). So I would hold it up and blow on it or the wind would come up and blow the chaff out. The Holy Spirit reminded me of the verse in Luke where John the Baptist described Jesus, "Whose fan is in his hand, and he will thoroughly purge his floor, and will gather the wheat into his garner; but the chaff he will burn with fire unquenchable." Luke 3:17.
 

The harvest is ready! "And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe." Revelation 14:15.

I sure do NOT want to be chaff or rye as I live my life! I want to be His fruit, His wheat, "

Gather ye together first the tares (false grain), and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn." Matthew 13:30



Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you." John 15:16


If you have never witnessed a harvest, I encourage you to take a drive on a country road during harvest season. Pack a picnic lunch and plan on sitting and discussing God’s word about harvest, wheat and the fire to come in the last days.

Will you be God’s fruit or will you burn with a fire that never stops? You cannot produce fruit without Him. It’s only THROUGH Him that you are able to produce fruit. "

I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing." John 15:5


"Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else." Isaiah 45:22

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful memory making night we had! The biscuits tasted like never before! You are such a blessing to me my sweet Tonya......I love how the Lord uses you to divide the word! We will share heaven together......I hope your mansion will be next to mine!
    Hugs, me

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness your family is awesome! All of you trusting and serving the Lord to the fullest. The wheat story is so biblical appropriate! I am not sure how else I could describe it! I think it is a wonderful analogy. My own sweet hubby spent all his childhood summers on his grandparents farm in Holly, CO. He always talk about the wheat harvest. H has some great memories! Thank you for the share! Blessings to you and yours

    ReplyDelete