Monday, May 28, 2012


Summertime is off to a GREAT start!
Notice his sand "muscles"  :)

We so excited to be able to share this Summer with V and love making many "first" memories with him.

 He seems to be having a wonderful time with not an ounce of homesickness.  This is his home now.  He informed me he would like to be the President someday... had to tell him the bad news.  :)

Anything he sets his mind to he conquors.  He is quite the warrior.  I pray God will use him for His kingdom with the gift of fearlessness He has given him.  "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you...." Matthew 28:19a&b.

 V has so far: endured his first peeling sunburn, (and now he lets me put sunscreen on), enjoyed the lake by kneeboarding,


tubing,



 fishing, skipping rocks, enjoying the boat



setting up a tent

picked cherries & made a cobbler

V and Ian eating the cherry cobbler V made.  SILLY BROTHERS!

God recently introduced us to a young man in his early 20's in our church who LOVES the Lord!  He has taken V under his wing as he has been down a similar path as V and can relate, and guess what?!  He is also from Russia!!!  Who would have planned that one???  Only our Saviour who is into details!
S and V are buds!

We have had so much fun this Summer, and it's only begun!

As I look at each member of my family, I am amazed God has chosen me to be Josh's wife and the children's mommy...
Look what the LORD has done!
"And I will give them one heart, and one way, that they may fear me for ever, for the good of them, and of the children after them: And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; but I will put my fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from me.  Yea, I will rejoice over them to do them good, and I will plant them in this land assuredly with my whole heart and with my whole soul.  For thus saith the LORD; Like as I have brought all this great evil upon this people, so will I bring upon them all the good that I have promised them."  Jeremiah 32:39-4
HAPPY SUMMER!!!

1 comment:

  1. Tonya don't you think how amazing it is that the Lord puts us right where we need to be. V is a blessed fellow having such marvelous family to love and care for him. It is wonderful has made a new friend. Your photos are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete