Monday, March 26, 2012

What does a mighty woman of God look like?


(Do you have a Strong's Bible Concordance? If not, like I suggested before, make it the first Bible study tool you put on your list! Ask for it as a birthday/ mothers day/ Christmas gift. My parents bought mine for a birthday present. I don't know what I'd do without mine. It brings God's Word to life like never before! )

As I went through my Strong's I underlined all the words that described "woman" in the Bible, I came across the words, "tender and delicate". I thought, "oh that sounds sweet, I want to be tender and deliacate!" So I went to the passage that the words were in.

Deuteronomy 28:56-58 "The TENDER and DELICATE woman among you, which would not adventure to set the SOLE of her foot upon the ground for her DELICATENESS and TENDERNESS, her eye shall be EVIL toward the husband of her bosom, and toward her son, and toward her daughter, And toward her young one that cometh out from between her feet, and toward her children which she shall bear: for she shall EAT them for want of all things secretly in the SIEGE and STRAITNESS wherewith thine enemy shall distress thee in thy gates. If thou wilt not observe to do all the words of this law that are written in this book, that thou mayest fear this glorious and fearful name, THE LORD THY GOD..."

NEVERMIND Lord... I don't want to be tender and delicate! This used to be me!!!! Have you ever read Deuteronomy 28? It is one of the most intresting passages!!! It lists some of God's blessings for obedience and some of His curses for disobedience! Of course this passage is a curse for disobedience.

Tender-weak, fainthearted, soft
I used to get upset and frustrated at the smallest things!



Delicate
- luxurious, delight self, sport self
I desired to have the latest of everything for my luxury. (still working on this one)



Sole
- the hollow hand or palm; fig. power:- branch, + foot, hand; from defination 3721- to curve: -bow down self
This one struck me hard! The word sole in this verse has to do with the woman being servant, getting her feet dirty. She must give and deny herself!




Evil
- to spoil by breaking to pieces; to be or make good for nothing; afflict; break down in pieces; do harm; hurt self
This woman's EYE was evil toward her husband!! YEP that was me!! Giving her husband dirty looks. I broke my husband down in pieces not only with my words but also with my eyes. Made him feel like he was good for nothing!



Eat
- to eat; burn up; consume; devour
This is where it gets strange. Isaiah 28: 21b says, "that He may do His work, His strange work; and bring to pass His act, His strange act." Deuteronomy 28:56-58 sounds strange for sure, but His Word is true! There are many ways we can "eat" our children. This defination says burn up; devour. I used to devour our children with my anger, raising my voice and getting ticked off at the slightest thing. (still working on this one as well) I wonder if we have also devoured the children God longed to give us with abortion, birth control, and surgerys to stop them?  The woman described in Deut 28: 56-58 ate her children because she was in "want of all things secretly...". We just watched the movie October Baby. The woman in the movie had an abortion because she wanted to further her career and a baby would have been in the way of "her plans".

Siege
- a mound; distress; a fatness
This defination is kinda confusing for me. But from what I understand, when we are in "want of all things", we will do whatever it takes to achieve it! Making a mound of our wants, and making ourselves full of the world.

Straitness
- a narrow place; confinement
When the woman in this verse starts to fee the pull from the world wanting all things, she feels confined.  She desires to get out in the world and make a name for herself.  But what does God say will happen to this woman?
                                                                                               
Deuteronomy 28:59 Then the Lord will mak ethy plagues wonderful, and the plagues of thy seed, even great plagues, and of long continuance, and sore sicknesses, and of long continuance. More over he will bring upon thee all the diseases of Egypt, which thou wast afraid of; and thy shall cleave unto thee. Also every sickness, and every plague, which is not written in the book of this law, them will the Lord bring upon thee, until thou be destroyed..."

....read Deuteronomy 28, there is more!

WHY DOES GOD DO THIS?!

Deuteronomy 28:45-47 "Moreover all these curses shall come upon thee, and shall pursue thee, and overtake thee, till thou be destroyed; BECAUSE THOU HEARKENEDST NOT UNTO THE VOICE OF THE LORD THY GOD TO KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS AND HIS STATUES WHICH HE COMMANDED THEE: and they shall be upon thee for a sign and for a wonder, and upon thy seed for ever. BECAUSE THOU SERVEDST NOT THE LORD THY GOD WITH JOYFULNESS, AND WITH GLADNESS OF HEART, FOR THE ABUNDANCE OF ALL THINGS..."

There it is again... God has already given us "the abundance of all things" and we are still not satisfied! We are not joyful and content with gladness of heart! May we not be tender and delicate women, but be thankful warriors in His army!!!

"Proclaim ye this among the Gentiles; prepare war, wake up the mighty men, let all the men of war draw near; let them come up: Joel 3:9

I cannot do this on my own. On my own I am tender, delicate, and sinful woman, filthy.

"They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one." Psalm 14:3

Thank You Jesus for the forgiveness of my sins. "Much more then, being now justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him." Romans 5:9

  Beat your plowshares into swords, and your pruning hooks into spears: let the weak say, I am strong..." Joel 3:10

So let's be thankful, serve the Lord with joyfulness and roll up our sleeves to fight for our families by getting our feet dirty!!! 




1 comment:

  1. You express the Word of the Lord so elegantly. You are not afraid to admit your past failures. It is a tough thing for us to do, express the true nature of ourselves. God has made you into an incredible servant of His! Stay on His team always! I struggle and I am older. I feel I need to do more for the Lord because my time is probably more limited here in this life. I love my phamily but if God calls me I am ready and willing to go! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete