Thursday, March 22, 2012

Trust in the Lord



TRUST... a HARD thing to do. Especially when you've been hurt one too many times. You may find yourself asking, "How do I ever trust again?"

God's word mentions the word trust 134 times in the KJV. Only ONE time does it talk of trusting another human being in a positive light.

"The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil (booty, prey-to practice plunder or robbery)." Proverbs 31:11

The only human that the Bible talks of trusting is a wife for her husband!!! What a HUGE responsibility we have as wives!! May my husband always trust me!

When trusting another human is mentioned, it is in a negative light. "Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help." Psalm 146:3 "Take ye heed (to hedge about, guard) every one of his neighbour, and trust ye not in any brother: for every brother will utterly supplant, (a heel as protuberant-swelling) and every neighbour will walk with slanders (talebearers)." Jeremiah 9:4

And I definately CANNOT trust myself, my emotions or feelings! "But we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves..."

"SO WHO CAN I TRUST?!"


... but in God which raiseth the dead:" 2 Corinthians 1:9

 "Trust in Him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before Him: God is a refuge for us." Psalm 62:8 "As for God, His way is perfect: the word of the Lord is tried: He is a buckler (shield) to all those that trust in Him." Psalm18:30

Put your trust in The One who made man not in man!!!

Many times I have to tell to myself to CHOOSE to trust Him even if I don't FEEL like it. "What time I am afraid, I WILL TRUST in thee." Psalm 56:3 "I will say of the Lord, He IS my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him WILL I TRUST." Psalm 91:2
                  
Even when life stinks I will choose to trust Him, "Though he slay me, yet will I trust in Him: but I will maintain mine own ways before Him." Job 13:15

When life stinks will you trust God? You may find that sometimes, God has to distrupt your little world to get your attention, He did me. "And the Lord shall smite (to push, gore, defeat, stub the toe, inflict a disease:- beat, dash, hurt, plague, slay, strike, stumble) Egypt: he shall smite and heal (to mend by stitching, to cure, physician, repair, x thouroughly, make whole) it: and they shall return even to the Lord, and he shall be intreated (intercede,listen to prayer) of them, and shall heal them." Isaiah 19:22

I think the infliction is worth the healing. When a child gets a splinter, do you think it's best to leave it there? NO! You get a needle and dig it out, even if the child cries, "IT HURTS!" Won't you let God use His word to cleanse you?


"For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." Hebrews 4:12

The healing is coming if you choose today to trust Him... with BLESSINGS!"Oh how great is thy goodness, which thou hast laid up for them that fear thee; which thou hast wroght (envelope; a wrapper) for them that TRUST IN THEE before the sons of men!

"Kiss (fastening up; as a mode of attachment) the Son, lest He be angry, and ye perish from the way, when His wrath is kindled but a little. BLESSED ARE ALL THEY THAT PUT THEIR TRUST IN HIM." Psalm 2:12

Will you choose to trust The Potter or the clay?  When you put your 100% trust in HIM, He will fill you up overflowing that you can't help but let the trust spill out onto others. But He wants your first priority, your all.  He is a Jealous God.

"Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God..." Exodus 20:5a

Will you TRUST HIM even when life is not all roses?


"As for God, His way is perfect..." Psalm 18:30a

1 comment:

  1. I find it so easy to trust God! Others around me not so much! Beautifully written Tonya! Time for bed. Tomorrow is another busy day at the office! Good night love to all of you

    ReplyDelete