Thursday, February 9, 2012

A Special Valentine

" I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me."
 Proverbs 8:17







This verse is the orignal King James Version. The New King James says,"I love those who love me, and those who seek me diligently will find me."

Hmmmm.... be careful what version you read. The NKJ doesn't say anything about if I love Him I need to seek Him early, it says diligently! You know how I love to sleep! I would rather read the NKJV. :)   I wish I didn't like sleep so much.

Proverbs 20:13 says, "Love not sleep, lest thou come to poverty; open thine eyes, and thou shalt be satisfied with bread."

I need Proverbs 20:13 to be my loud audio alarm clock every morning, followed by Proverbs 8:17!   So if you love your Valentine (Jesus Christ), His word says you will seek Him early.

I would much rather read the NKJV, but if I want to know what the orignal version said, King James is best!   I guess I kinda think of it like healthy eating, good, better, best.

In Proverbs 8:17, seek & early (have the same meaning!!) = to dawn; i.e. be up early at any task (with the impl. of earnestness); to search for (with painstaking); seek (diligently) early, in the morning

Yes, for me to get up early is painstaking, but my Valentine, Jesus Christ, is worth it! Sometimes my flesh gets the best of me and I may go back to bed after I seek Him.   Getting up early is hard to do, especially if you have little ones. Cry out to Jesus!   Tell Him you want to seek Him early.   Tell Him how much you love Him.  Ask Him to wake you up to spend time together.   He knows your heart.

"Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."  Psalm 139:23

Give it all to Him. He is The Only Trustworthy Valentine.

Look at the promise He gives us if we do. We will find Him!

find= to come forth to, i.e. appear or exist; to occur, meet or be present; be enough

This sounds like the ultimate date! Do you have a date scheduled with your Valentine?


"That I may cause those that
love me to inherit substance; and I will fill their treasures." Proverbs 8:21


Some may read this verse and see it as a "prosperity" message, that God's gonna give you lots of money and earthly possessions. But if you SEEK out the meaning of this verse you will find that these words do not have the same meaning that our English words do.

inherit= to occupy; distribute; have inheritance, take as an heritage

substance= to stand out; or exist

treasures= a depository-armory, cellar, storehouse

So many people in so many ways, seek to have the empty place in their life filled. This verse promises that Christ will do that. If I love Him, He will cause me to occupy (own), a "standing out" life, AND He will fill my storehouse (that empty hole everyone feels). I like that Valentine's Day gift! That's the cherry on top of the gift He's already given me!

I remember years ago Josh made me a strawberry pie. It was so yummy inside, but what was special to me was the georgous top of the pie. He took the time to cut strawberries in slices and lay them in a heart shape that covered the top of the pie and shaped the letters, "J + T" out of strawberries, inside the heart. That's what this verse is to me. A special valentine from God... "I love you, Valentine".

I hope you've already unwrapped the biggest gift of all Christ gave you.

"For the wages of sin is death; but the
gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

He is The Only One worth living for. No fleshly man or woman can fill that spot.

"I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.  If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered, and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned." John 15:5 & 6

Who is your Valentine?

1 comment:

  1. Oh Tonya is this a beautiful post! We have to keep Christ first and foremost in out lives! It is hard sometime. Easy to get caught up with the world but I find so much comfort knowing the Lord. We like to read the New American Standard addition of the bible. When my Sweets studies two years of New Testament Greek he was told the NASB was the closest to the originial language because it is a direct translation from Greek into English as apposed to the King James version which was translated from Latin into English. Prior to that the Latin was translated from the Greek. Just an FYI! I have learned lots of little tidbits from my Sweets regarding God's word through the years. That is why I never 100% believe any person who states they are shepherds of God such as evangelists etc. They are just people like me and I have not seen any of them perform miracles. I know people who follow this lady Joyce Meyers and Joel Olsteen. I also know Christ said there would be wolves in sheeps clothing so be wary of all who profess to know His words.Matthew 7:15. I am not terribly impressed by men. I do not like theatrical religion. Because it is simply that! Christ is love and faith and as a small child in the Catholic school system I learned one thing I believe to be true today ""Everything good comes from God." It helps when I want to blame Him for problems in my life! He does not cause them He just knows how much we can handle and allows satan to meddle in our lives. He knows what we are capable of! I often say "Listen Lord, it is good you trust me but REALLY, do you have to trust me soooo much to allow me these extra burdens?" Sometime I get the answer in simple things other times I say "Heeeellllllloooo, did you forget me?" Of course, He never does!
    Gosh, I am glad I came over.
    I hope you are blessed with many beautiful images of Christ's love this week. You are a beautiful person with a terrific family. I know, you are related to sweet Linda! You remind me of her too! Hugs Anne

    ReplyDelete