Friday, January 27, 2012

V's Update




Either we are still in our honeymoon phase of adoption, Vitaliy is a really easy kid, OR... God has His hand on our lives big time.



I believe with all my heart the latter is true. God has His hand on us big time. I have heard of many post-adoption stories that have not been very joyful. Ours has been just that, joyful 90% of the time. When the other 10% of the time comes around, it is not fun.

I trimmed Vitaliy's hair today, bad idea. He hates having his hair cut. He didn't talk to me for the first 30 minutes after I cut it, and gave me an evil look when he glanced my way. I went in the kitchen and prayed out loud that if there was anything in our home not of God to be gone in Jesus name.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high [places].Ephesians 6:12

  I begged God to fill Vitaliy with His joy. I went in the living room to check in on him a few minutes after I prayed, and he seemed completly happy like nothing had happened! Praise the Mighty name of God who is all powerful! What a miracle!  I just learned today that the word "name" means authority.... isn't that cool!



Vitaliy melts my heart when he prays. He has recently started praying,

"Sssss...sank You Jesus for give me family."

(translation-"Thank you Jesus for giving me a family.")

I smile everytime I hear him pray that. I think Christ is smiling too when He hears Vitaliy tell Him. Makes the last year totally worth it.

Vitaliy is so funny. We were eating Chinese food the other day, and he was so excited to eat the "cookie". We did't even think to tell him there was paper inside. :) Yep, he bit right into it, paper and all and said, "Waah iz it?!" (translation- "What is it?") We all busted up laughing, and he laughed too. Ian started to tell him as he put the cookie in his mouth, "Vitaliy, WAIT!", but it was too late. :)

I am so overwhelmed with joy when I fold 3 sets of laundry,


 make 3 plates of food, pick up 3 kids from the bus stop, and tuck 3 kids in bed at night.  God has given me my dream come true. "Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart." Psalm 37:4 


  I am amazed God has chosen ME to be the mommy of these precious kiddos. I smile and want to pinch myself when I look out the window to see 2 boys playing ball, 2 boys carrying firewood and 2 boys chasing eachother. Only God could have orchestrated that. He is so big and powerful, yet He cares about the details. Even how He put Vitaliy, a boy from the Ukraine without a family, into our family. Thank you Jesus.

"thy children
like olive plants round about thy table." Psalm 128:3b

I cannot wait to use this verse above our table!


I love seeing my little olive plants sitting at our table, growing up, becoming "strong in spirit" Luke 2:40. I pray they, like Jesus, would be filled with widom and God's grace would be upon them.

I can't wait to see what else the Lord will do in 2012!!

"God be merciful unto us, and bless us; and cause his face to shine upon us; Selah." Psalm 67:1

That He has done.

2 comments:

  1. Awwww, what a precious post. I love your kiddos also. I love it when they all come and watch the same things.....we are a blessed family. I agree with your prayer.

    Love you sweet lady, me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your prayer was beautiful Tonya! Teenagers are just moody and I think Vitaly is on that brink! They are so silly and change so quickly. Happy, sad, mad, glad! I know I was finishing with our last. Nick is a high school senior and he turned 18 in August. I am so amazed that he is an adult. Goodness where does the time go?
    You are blessed. God is always good, sometime it takes us a minute to realize it! Love your writing.

    Hugs Anne

    ReplyDelete