Monday, October 3, 2011


So much has happened since I last blogged!

 Monday, September 26th, 2011, Vitaliy left the orphanage for good!


He couldn't get out of there fast enough!  We pulled up to the school and he was waiting outside!  So sweet, he said he had been waiting there awhile!  We had lots of paperwork to do before we could go get him, so it was late afternoon when we finally arrived.  He was all smiles!  

Tressa brought lots of gum for him to hand out for his "farewell".  He couldn't hand it out fast enough.  :)  

Walking to his classroom where he handed out gum to his friends



For me it was so hard to tell the others goodbye.  V didn't seem to mind.  I'm sure he already said his goodbyes.  :)
Now we are just waiting on his passport so we can go home to the rest of our family.

While we wait for his passport to arrive, we met up with Vitaliy's birth-sisters so they could tell him goodbye.  They are sweet young ladies who are happy for their brother.  I am looking forward to corresponding with them over the years and sharing God's love with them, who knows what God will to do...

Psalm 16:11 "You will show me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy."

God has surprised us while we are here in many ways! First off with our new friends, the Rhodes family! 



We have had such fun with them!  We share everything, our hopes, fears, dreams, hotel rooms, groceries, taxi rides, movie nights, on and on.  Their sons (they are adopting 2, & one is able to be with them in the evenings) and Vitaliy are like brothers.  They grew up together in the orphanage.

God also took us to a Ukrainian church today.  He surprised the socks off of me! 

It was such a blessing to be in the middle of other believers! God knew I needed this.  It was an awesome experience even though we didn't speak the same language, we serve the same God!!!  We found out it was Vitaliy's first time in a Christian Ukrainian church.  I was so thankful to be able to experience that with him.

So now we wait on the passport.  I would like to say, "Stick a fork in me, I am done."  :) But apparently God still has a few more things He wants us to see and learn.  So whenever He is ready to send us home...I'm ready to go.

  Missing my Ellie, Ian and Josh and ready to bring home the newest member of our family...


VITALIY!





4 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you guys and so blessed to have met your family in Kiev! :) You'll have to get a new family pic taken and send it out for the Holidays this year! :) God bless you on the rest of your journey! Gotcha day for us is tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the update and the pics :) Still praying for you all. It is all so exciting and it is so awesome that you can look forward to so many "firsts" with V.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the pictures. Love it all and so thankful that you got to go to church yesterday. What a memory! Love you bunches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going backward on your blog. I remember being so excited for your family and her beautiful new son. What a time! Your family is going to continue on a wonderful journey. I think we call it life. You are all so amazing!

    ReplyDelete