Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Out of the Mouth of Babes

As I read God's Word today He revealed something I have NEVER noticed before.  

Psalm 8:2 "Out of the mouths of babes and infants, you have established strength because of Your foes, to still the enemy and the avenger."

Isn't that the coolest!  God stoops down to make the weakest of humans, tiny babies, the triumphal instrument to defeat His enemies!  And not using anything but the sounds that come out of their mouths!

I just had to share this with you as I am overwhelmed with our God how He chooses to use the least of these.

We see lots of mommies with their babies here in this part of Ukraine.  Everytime we pass one on the street I am reminded of this verse.  


I just love their baby carriages!
Tomorrow we switch hotels.  This one is booked for a wedding this weekend.  I am so glad God chose this hotel for us during our long stay.  We talked with other Americans today who just started on this adoption journey and their hotel has a "squatty potty" for a toilet!  And it's a unisex bathroom not attached to their room!
God has been so gracious to us.  Thank you Jesus for our sweet hotel. 

We get to go see Vitaliy tomorrow!  YEA, can't wait!  We get to share the taxi ride with the other American couple.  Yesterday when we arrived I forgot to tell you he came running out to the car to meet us!  Before when we came, we had to ask the other boys to go get him.  Not yesterday!  It was so good to see his smiling face. 
As I talked to my new friend she said when she went to the school today, Vitaliy greeted her in English with a big smile.  :)  He is such a sweetie!
4 more days of waiting!  Then we get to get his birth certificate, passport and needed papers to start making our way home!  I am missing my Ellie and Ian big time.  Ready to be home as a family of 5!

 

4 comments:

  1. Hello! We met in Kiev a few weeks ago at the SDA. It sounds like things are going well for you! The kids and I left last Saturday to come home. Jim gets to take Ana on Friday and then to Kiev. They will be flying home on the 28th - can't wait!

    We loved all of the baby carriages in our town too. I wished I had a stroller like that when my kids were little!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet :) Always enjoy reading your posts.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOOO HOOO almost done! :) After tomorrow we start the wait ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You write so beautifully from your heart!

    ReplyDelete