Sunday, September 18, 2011

our son


I can finally update you!
 As of Thursday, September 15, 2011 
we have another son!



Vitaliy Philip Stubbs

As I woke early, the day of our court, I grabbed my Bible. God had me read Psalm 2:7.
 
"I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my son, this day I have begotten thee. 

  Isn't our God amazing!  He is so into details; and such a romantic poet.


They told us to change Vitaliy's first and middle name, but we chose to just change his middle name. We both loved his first name. I asked Josh to decide on the middle name. Vitaliy's middle name given to him at birth, was his birth father's first name. In Ukraine, that's how they decide the middle name, it's always the birth father's first name. Since Ian already has Joshua as his middle name, Josh wanted to give Vitaliy his father's first name: Philip.


Vitaliy means: "life giving"; Philip means: "lover of horses"

 
Court went amazingly smooth.  It was scary of course, the unknown always is, but much less scary than I imagined.  It was a small room with 7 officials and our family plus a translator. It broke my heart when they started talking about Vitaliy's past.  He sat quietly listening to his life being read out loud, expressionless.  A couple people in the court room even mentioned this was best for Vitaliy, "since no one from Ukraine or his biological family has adopted him.  They all had their chance."  I can't imagine what he felt as they said that or the roller coaster of emotions he must be feeling now.  Both Josh and I were asked a lot of questions during court to make sure we would take care of him.  Then after about 45 minutes of court they took a break to make their decision.  We were finally called back in and they grated us; Joshua to be listed as "Father"; and myself to be listed as "Mother" on the birth certificate!  Wow, what a feeling! 

Psalm 68:6a "God sets the solitary in families..."  

He will be alone no more.
Glory to God!  Great things He has done!

3 comments:

  1. I can only see how busy the Lord that very day watching over those court proceedings!

    ReplyDelete