Sunday, September 18, 2011

My Birthday


Who would of thought I would be spending my 33rd birthday in Ukraine!? 


Not me.... never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined I would be sitting here in a hotel clear across the world from everything comfortable to me.
But guess what.... God has given me the best birthday EVER!!!!  I can't believe how He has given me the desires of my heart, above and beyond anything I could ask or imagine! 

November 5, 2010, less than a year ago, I received, from Josh, an email with this picture about hosting a little orphan boy during Christmas 2010.


Less than a year later, this little boy is our son...

and an orphan no more!

In Spring of 2010 the Lord laid it on my heart to ask Him to 
"...enlarge my boarders..." 1 Chron 4:10b

OH MY, He has done just that!  God has stretched, and stretched and stretched some more!!  He is so good.  Stretching is so hard, but when you have placed your life in the hands of the One who "laid the foundations of the earth..."only growth and blessing can come for our good. 

 Jeremiah 32:42
"For thus says the LORD: Just as I have brought all this great calamity on this people, so I will bring on them all the good that I have promised them."


2 Peter 1:16b we are "eyewitnesses of His majesty."

8 comments:

  1. Awesome, Tonya! God is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Happy Birthday!!! Seems like you have already rec'd a very, very special present! may god continue to bless you and your family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy, joyful birthday, Tonya. I have followed your journey through Linda, and then through Tressa's blog, and am rejoicing with you in answered prayer. What a thrilling birthday gift--a new son! And what a blessing for Vitaly! I am praying for you all. Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy, happy birthday, dear one....and all God's blessings for your new year, too. I know you received an amazing one already!

    I'm still tearing up several days later with the joyous news.

    Safe travels home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday and Congratulations on your wonderful gift.

    Hurry home and be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Late Birthday Tonya! What a blessed gift you are getting! Glad Tressa is there with you to help you through these difficult times..but like a pregnancy think of the joy after thenpain! Isn't God wonderful?

    Blessings,
    xoxo Gert

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! He already looks older in the 2nd picture. I hope I get to meet him one day :) That last picture is stunning! I added it to my pinterest.

    Has to be one of THE best b-day presents ever!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your 33rd birthday will always be a special one on your book!

    ReplyDelete