Friday, July 8, 2011

Seek the Lord for His Rest

I have a challenge for you today...seek the Lord.  What does this look like?  How do we seek Him? 

2 Chron 7:14 "if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and forgive their sin and heal their land."

1.  Humble Myself   

        Humble - to bend the knee; into subjection

2.  Pray

3.  Seek God's Face

        Seek - to tread or frequent; to follow for pursuit or search; to worship; ask; inquire; question; search

4.  Turn from my wicked ways

Won't you please ask God to help you bend your knee to His authority?  Pray big time!  Pray while you're doing the dishes, stopped at a stop light (the kids won't mind), and wake up early and spend time with Him.  Let Him be your Best Friend.  Don't you love the defination of seek?  I found the meaning in my Strong's Bible Concordance. It is so helpful to me as I study God's word.  Seek His face!  Do whatever it takes to seek Him! 


2 Chron 14:2-5 says that King Asa, experienced God's rest because he did what was good and right in the eyes of God. He "took away out of all the cities of Judah the high places and the images: and the kingdom was quiet before him.

The kingdom was quiet before him.  Mmmmmmm...Doesn't that sound absolutely wonderful?  Don't you long to have your kingdom quiet before you?  Your kingdom is your home where you are queen.  Asa took away the high places and images out of his kingdom.  The high places were where the god's were worshipped. 

What is your "god"?

 I found out years ago that I was my own god.  It was then that God took that high place right out from under me.  I should of done just as He asked and humbled myself before He had to do it for me. 

After Asa removed the high places and images from his kingdom he then ,  "built fenced cities in Judah: for the land had rest, and he had no war in those years; because the LORD had given him rest. Therefore he said unto Judah, Let us build these cities, and make walls around them, and towers, gates, and bars, while the land is yet before us; because we have SOUGHT the LORD our God, we have sought Him, and he hath given us rest on every side."  2 Chron 14:6-7


So how do we build our cities (our homes)?  How do we surround them with walls, towers, gates and bars?  All these things are for protection from the enemy.  When I looked up the word "built" in the Strong's it said: "to build; obtain children; make; repair; set up.

OH MY!!  Did I just see the words, obtain children?  This is how we protect our homes, by obtaining more children?  Isn't this amazing!  We obtain more arrows to go out into the world!  God has now graciously allowed Josh and I to reach this point of His rest for our lives.  I am amazed at His mercy and grace!  We are now adopting to obtain children!  WAHOOO!!!  Isn't He absolutely AMAZING!!! 

How can you build protection for your family?  Did you know that if you are married you are your husband's protection?  Proverbs 12:4 "A virtuous woman is a crown to her husband."  Of course I looked up the word crown in my Strong's.  The defination said "to encircle for attack or protection"  Can you believe it?  I was attacking my husband in the past.  I was a crown of thorns.  But now God has given me a 2nd chance to encircle Joshua for protection and be a royal crown!  God is good!  Come with me as we seek God's face together.  Let's humble ourselves, pray and seek His face and turn from our wicked ways.  Only then may God hear from heaven, and forgive our sins and heal our lands.  Blessed be His name!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. YES!!!! God is AMAZING!!!
    Blessings
    Angelina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn't comment yesterday....but blogspot is being good to me today!!!

    This is a lovely post, Tonya! If only everyone...everyone would take this verse to heart, what a difference we would see across our country. But we can start with ourselves!

    Thank you for a timely message.

    Blessings,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey sweet pea, came over earlier today to see if you had any sweetness! Tried again and you didn't disappoint this Momma. You are a blessings my sweet girl keep proclaiming truth!!!!

    Love you as high as the sky!
    Momma Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, Tonya :)
    Some really good teaching goin' on here :D
    Hope you have a great weekend.

    In Christ,

    Susan Montgomery

    ReplyDelete