Thursday, July 7, 2011

My Husband

I have so much to tell you and not enough time!  Tuesday, July 5th, my husband, Josh and I celebrated our 14th year of marriage! 
You see, it's not just any ole' anniversary, but a miracle straight from our Heavenly Father.  This is because Josh and I divorced 5 years ago.  It felt hopeless.  Like we were just another statistic.  But here we are today to say, "HE IS FAITHFUL!" 


Our 2nd Honeymoon 4 years ago

Every anniversary for us is a miracle.  It is an honor to be called Mrs. Joshua Stubbs.  I didn't always think that.  Isn't it strange how at one moment a wife can be madly in love with her husband, and months later hate his guts?  satan is so ugly like that.  I was recently reminded of my past sin as I read thru God's word.  I think of how we women have more influence than we know. 

1 Samuel 18:20  
"And Michal Saul's daughter loved David"

Michal was madly in love with her handsome hunk!  But wait a minute...

2 Samuel 6:16
And as the ark of the LORD came into the city of David, Michal Saul's daughter looked through a window, and saw king David leaping and dancing before the LORD; and she despised him in her heart.

She depised him in her heart!  I thought she was just in love with him!  

Oh boy, was that me.  I allowed satan's lies to fill my mind telling me I did not "feel" love for him.  So deeper and deeper my sin went.  Until I felt I had a right to "feel" happy.  I cannot even fathom where we would both be if we stayed in our sin.  We definitely would not be adopting!

Please, sweet wife, look to God as your fulfillment.  Don't try make your husband fill that role.  Your husband is just as human as you are.  Only God can fulfill you.  Let Him be your Knight in Shinning Armor.  God is such a Romantic.  Won't you let Him romance you?

Song of Solomon 2:16 
"My Beloved is mine, and I am his."

8 comments:

  1. I am so thankful that you were open to the healing of your marriage. Praise His name! I agree about being fullfilled by the Father, once that occurs, then that love and peace just overflows right over to our hubby's! I am constantly learning how to be a wife to Dale, the wife God wants me to be. I just finished a fantastic Bible study on "Becoming A Woman After God's Own Heart" by Elizabeth George. It was a fantastic book and I learned so much! Blessings to you and your precious blog....Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tonya, I am so happy to 'meet' you! I have been a follower of your mother-in-love's blog for some time now. Now she has introduced me to you. We have much in common. I am now remarried to the man I divorced as well. God is so good and patient with us! You can read a little of my story on my blog. Check out 'My Anniversary' and 'Hopeful Transformations' - there may be others but I can't think of titles right now.

    We have been following your adoption story here and have been praying as well. We will continue to do so. I am so excited for you and your family; and I pray that one day my family will follow in your footsteps in this area as well.
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. God has taught you much......you have stayed in His Word........now He will use your life story to show many the right way to go....... Jesus! Thank you for being faithful. God is so merciful.......you know well.

    Heart you sweet daughter in love!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for such an honest and open post! Your words are so true.... what an amazing testimony you have! I'm going to share this article on my facebook wall- I believe every wife needs to read this!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even though I'm happily married, I know that your anniversaries for decades to come will be even more of a blessing than those of us who haven't struggled with divorce and remarriage.

    Every marriage is such a gift from God! I praise God that He gave you both the strength to be back together as husband and wife.

    God bless!

    Julieanne
    http://www.JoyInOurJourney.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So good to hear you Tonya! Linda has a wonderful blog and I know that yours will be as well. Your words and example will work in the lives of others, our Lord willing.

    Hugs XX
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a BEAUTIFUL couple you two are... Beautiful because you are ALLOWING the Lord to work in and through your lives... It's not easy to be in this world and not have it's stench get on us... But PRAISE God that He is faithful and washes us in and through His Holy Spirit... May you continue to be willing Vessels for God to use and for His name to be Glorified...
    Blessings to you and your family..
    In Christ
    Angelina

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! what an awesome love story straight from God's redeeming love!

    ReplyDelete