Monday, July 25, 2011

Hello all!  I have tried replying to the comments left on my blog, but Blogger  won't let me. Thank you for being patient with me as I have very limited internet access.  I do appreciate knowing we are being prayed for!  SO exciting to know our church body, some we don't even know, are lifting us up before our Father!  THANK YOU!  I am so amazed at our God.  He blessed us again the other day with another $100 check!  WAHOOO! 

We went last Thursday to an event in our town called Third Thursday.  We sold our ice cold water bottles and the pendants our friend made for us. 

Thank you Ashley Carson for this photo! GREAT JOB!

 We also just heard we may be traveling  to Ukraine by middle of September instead of October!!!!!!  EKKKKK!!  Exciting and O so scary... stepping out of my little bubble.  :)

On a different note, I want to share with you what the Lord has laid on my heart this week, as our email Bible study group studied pride.  He showed me that I need to break it and get rid of it in my life before He does it for me! 

This is what God did to Nebuchadnezzar in Daniel. (And many other stories of prideful people in the Bible)
Neb was filled with pride when he said in Dan 4:30 "Is not this great Babylon, that I have built for a royal dwelling by MY mighty power & for the honor of MY majesty?"

CHW3M World History

Vs 34 "while the word was STILL in the kings mouth..." God brought him down!!

Vs 33 "that very hour the word was fulfilled"....

(This is the picture I wanted to use of King Nebuchadnezzar. Because my blog is full of God's beauty.  This was the "pretty picture" I got of Ole' Neb in his sin.)

But as I kept reading Scripture, and the description of what happened to the mighty king......... this is more like what really happened.
UGLY HUH?!!!!

God had Neb, king of the nation, high & mighty one, eating grass like a cow for 7 yrs! His hair grew LONG, nasty & TANGLED, & his nails became like birds claws! (I can just picture it now as my nails have dirt under em as I type this because of gardening:) Can you picture the dirt caked all over him, as the dew fell on him, the dirt stuck to him.... EWWWW! Can you imagine the stench & disgust!!??  GROSS!

But then my Sweet Heavenly Father tapped me and said, "my child, this is what I see when I see your pride...ugliness."

"And at the end of the time I, Nebuchadnezzar, lifted my eyes to heaven, and my understanding returned to me; and I blessed the Most High and praised and honored Him who lives forever: For His dominion is an everlasting dominion, and His kingdom is from generation to generation.  All the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing; He does according to His will in the army of heaven and among the inhabitants of the earth.  No one can restrain His hand or say to Him, "What have You done?"  At the same time my reason returned to me, and for the glory of my kingdom, my honor and splendor returned to me.  My counselors and nobles restored to me, I was restored to my kingdom, and excellent majesty was added to me.  Now I, Nebuchadnezzar, praise and extol and honor the King of heaven, all of whose works are truth, and His ways justice. And those who walk in pride He is able to put down.

God is a God of second chances








No comments:

Post a Comment