Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Come and Rest at His Table

Lord Jesus, I dedicate this blog to You.  It is not mine, I surrender it and all that is on here to You.  I pray that all who read it would be drawn to You.  I pray that many would come to know You as their personal Lord and Savior and find their rest in You alone. Be glorified through this blog.  May it not be my words, but Yours.  Have Your way.

My sister in law, Tressa Stubbs, is my computer gal who made this blog for me Christmas 2010.  She and I sat down when Vitaliy (Lord willing, my son in Ukraine) was here being hosted over Christmas.  I wrote down the title to this blog 7 months ago.  The past couple of months, my friend and I started doing an email Bible study.  This is where we find a topic and study, search, and meditate on the scriptures then email the other what we learned.  Guess what the topic was for this week... REST.  Oh God You are so good!  I really needed to be reminded of God's rest.  As some of you may know we are in the process of adopting Vitaliy.  This process has been so out of my comfort zone.  This is unlike anything I have ever done before.  In my calm, predictable bubble of life, I think I am in control, but God keeps stretching my little box and says, "Do you trust Me?".  So here we go again, being stretched.  In each situation He asks,  "Do you trust me?"  I easily say, "Yes, Lord."  But then, here comes something else just a little bit harder and He says, "Do you trust me?"  Oh Lord help me to trust You!  His plan for my life is so much better than I could ever ask or dream!  He is  my Knight in shinning armor!

He keeps teaching me to trust Him and rest in Him over and over again, because this one is a hard one for me to learn.  I think it's hard for me because it requires a COMPLETE surrender to Him.  I like being in charge, in control of my circumstances, my surrounding and myself.  But that's not what God wants, He says He is God and i am not.  

One of my favorite verses is Psalm 46:10 "Be still and know that I AM GOD." 
He taught me this morning in Hebrews that His rest comes only when we obey Him.  The only way we can obey Him is if we surrender completely to Him.  We can only do this with God's help. We must ask Him to soften our hearts and to help us obey Him.

Hebrews 3:7-11 "Today if you will hear His voice, Do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion, in the day of trial in the wilderness, where your fathers tested Me, tried Me... So I swore in My wrath, they shall not enter My rest."

Hebrews 3:12 "BEWARE, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief in departing from the living God.."

Hebrews 3:18 &19 "And to whom did He swear that they would not enter His rest, but to those who did not obey?  So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief."

Oh Lord Jesus, soften our hearts and help us to obey You no matter what, that we may enter into Your rest that only You can give.  



So here we are in our next journey called, trusting God.  We are adopting (Lord willing). I can't hardly believe the words just typed!  We are adopting! As I said, we hosted Vitaliy over Christmas through New Horizons for Children click here.  


This is when we first met at the airport

So if you think about it, please keep us in your prayers.  We just sent in our dossier and now need to raise $20,000, and be ready to go to Ukraine in October.  This feels like an impossible task, "but Jesus looked at them and said to them, "With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."  

4 comments:

  1. What a precious journey you, Josh and Jesus are on together. So thankful the Lord is allowing us all to TRUST HIM like never before! Blessings my sweet daughter in LOVE on your new blog.......may the Lord Bless those who read it. They will come to know our Savior, if they have never known Him before!
    Hugs, Momma Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tonya,

    You have a lovely blog :) I am praying for you and your family on your journey of love. You are brave :) Vitaliy is a sweet looking child. And from what I have heard, a sweet natured one as well.
    I really like your blog name :D

    In Christ,

    Susan Montgomery

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog dedication is beautiful and I pray for success in your journey to adopt Vitaliy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am writing this comment a few months after this posting. I am so happy for your beautiful family and your new boy! What a joyful heart the Lord has given to you. I wish you much happiness and I know this continuing journey will be full of God's grace and goodness. I hope Tanya your birthday was doubly fun with your beautiful new family member Blessings Anne

    ReplyDelete